Tel. 04 75 70 30 00
Endocrinology means the science (-logy) of internal (endo-) secretion (-crino-) and studies many physiological phenomena. Indeed, hormones play an important part in many different functions in men and all organisms.
Hormones and nutrition:
- Hormones such as insulin and glucagon regulate glycaemia.
- Leptin regulates fat reserves in the body.
- Ghrelin stimulates appetite. PYY 3-36 regulates appetite for several hours with its satiety action.
- Growth hormones can regulate growth.
- Hormones play an important part in reproduction during puberty, but also during women’s menstrual cycles, pregnancy and lactation.
- Thyroid hormones regulate the body temperature.
- Melatonin regulates circadian cycles.
Private Hospital La Parisière - avenue Antonin Vallon - 26300 Bourg de Péage (Drôme) France
For any first contact in English, please send an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Surgery - Outpatient surgery - Medical imagery - Physiotherapy - Sports medicinewww.laparisiere.fr - www.laparisiere.com